The purpose of this assignment is to differentiate between parametric and nonparametric statistical methods. In addition, this assignment will help you understand and implement parametric or nonparametric statistical methods.
Using the South University Online Library, the Internet, and your text readings, research the following statistical topics:
- Levels of measurement
- Parametric and nonparametric methods
On the basis of your research and understanding, respond to the following:
- Find and state the definition of levels of measurement that distinguishes the five types of data used in statistical analysis.
- In your own words, compare the five types of data and explain how they differ.
- Find and state a definition of parametric and nonparametric methods that distinguishes between the two.
- In your own words, explain the difference between parametric and nonparametric methods.
- Explain which types of data require parametric statistics to be used and which types of data require nonparametric statistics to be used and why.
- Compare the advantages and disadvantages of using parametric and nonparametric statistics.
- Describe how the level of measurement helps determine which of these methods to use on the data being analyzed.
|Assignment 1 Grading Criteria||
|Quality of initial posting.||
|Frequency of responses to classmates.||
|Quality of responses to classmates.||
|Reference to supporting readings.||
|Language and grammar.||