Attend a 12-step meeting in your local area (e.g., AA, GA, NA, Al-Anon, etc.).
In an essay of 1,000-1,100 words, address the following questions:
- How did you locate the meeting that you attended?
- Discuss your experience of attending this meeting. Did you feel welcomed, nervous, embarrassed, etc.?
- What information did you hear in the meeting that was surprising to you?
- How did the meeting affect your perception of the 12-step program? Did it confirm any perceptions you had?
- How will you apply your knowledge from this experience to assist future clients?
Two to four academic resources are required for this assignment.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a grading rubric. Instructors will be using the rubric to grade the assignment; therefore, students should review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the assignment criteria and expectations for successful completion of the assignment.
You are required to submit this assignment to Turnitin. Refer to the directions in the Student Success Center. Only Word documents can be submitted to Turnitin.