Planning the Training
Due Week 6 and worth 190 points
Refer to both the Overall Concept for Assignments 1-4 and your responses from Assignment 1 in order to complete this assignment.
Write a five to six (5-6) page paper in which you:
- Outline the most significant elements or steps of the task upon which the training will focus (See Assignment 1). Using the selected adult learning theory from Assignment 1, analyze the how the theory would support the learners’ mastery of the task. Justify your response.
- Propose one or more instructional settings for the training being planned based on the nature of the task(s) and the selected theoretical model (e.g., instructor-led in a classroom or self-directed online.) Provide a rationale for the setting(s) selected.
- Propose instructional activities to deliver training on the task(s) that are consistent with the selected theoretical model, the intended audience’s characteristics, and the selected training setting. Instructional activities would include the instruction strategies and methods used to teach the tasks, instructional resources (media, materials, technology) needed to teach the task, and student activities needed to learn competent performance of task.
- Indicate all needed technology components that you plan to integrate into the training. Determine how the selected adult learning theory could influence your technology selection. Recommend strategies that you would use in order to accommodate the learners who may not be familiar with technology.
- Propose a timeline for development and implementation of the training, providing a rationale for your views. Determine how the selected theoretical model and the intended audience characteristics could influence the time needed to develop and teach the identified tasks.
- Propose three (3) strategies for evaluating the effectiveness of the training during and after development. Determine how the selected theoretical model and the intended audience characteristics could influence your evaluation strategies.
- Use at least five (5) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze the basic principles of selected teaching and learning theories.
- Evaluate the methods that businesses and other post-secondary education environments use to respond to adult learning needs.
- Evaluate the degree to which learning is influenced by psychology, growth, and development as well as learning in and out of formal settings.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues, current trends, theories, and learning strategies for adult learning and development.
- Write clearly and correctly about issues in adult learning and development using proper writing mechanics.
Click here to view the grading rubric for this assignment.