Create a 15-20 slide presentation for professional development for early childhood educators that includes the following sections.
Importance of assessment in the five domains:
- Cognitive (Reading and Math concepts)
Technology and other appropriate assessment tools and approaches, relevant to each of the five domains, that can be used to observe, document, and collect data to:
- Monitor progress.
- Inform practice.
- Make decisions.
- Promote positive outcomes for each child, including the use of assistive technology for children with special needs.
Partnerships with families and professional colleagues that include:
- Promoting assessment practices and outcomes that build effective learning environments.
- Benefits of supporting and engaging families and communities through respectful, reciprocal relationships.
In addition, create a title slide, reference slides, and slide notes with detailed xplanations and descriptions.
Deliver the presentation to early childhood professionals and gather constructive feedback.
Write a 250-500 word reflection that includes the following:
- How you can improve the presentation for future practice, based on the feedback.
- How you would use the assessment data in Topic 5 to set appropriate goals, curriculum, and teaching strategies for the child.
While APA format is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic
writing is expected, and in-text citations and references should be presented using APA documentation guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.