Practicum immersion experiences are required in a community health setting. Community health and leadership practice immersion can occur in the same site and in conjunction with the evidence-based project in the NRS-490V course. Definitions of community-based settings should encourage community integration and involvement; expand accessibility of services and supports; promote personal preference, strengths, dignity; and empower people to participate in the economic mainstream. Examples of the integration of community health, leadership, and an EBP can be found at Healthy People 2020.
The goals of the practice immersion experience is to apply the learning from your research, community health, and leadership courses:
After studying this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of factors to consider when planning to work with a chosen community.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of approaches that will facilitate engagement of the community.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge and skills required to work constructively with communities.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge related to engagement of organizational leadership and change agents.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge related to disseminating project findings/data with organizational leadership and change agents.
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge related to completing an evidence-based project to impact population health outcomes.
- Demonstrate and apply Healthy People 2010/2020 principles related to completing an evidence-based project to impact population health outcomes.
According to Healthy People.gov, educational and community-based programs and strategies are designed to reach people outside of traditional health care settings. These settings may include:
Health care facilities
Each setting provides opportunities to reach people using existing social structures. This maximizes impact and reduces the time and resources necessary for program development.
In a composition of no more than 750 words, describe the nature of your proposed project topic. Include the following in your discussion:
- The setting or context in which the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need can be observed.
- A description providing a high level of detail regarding the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need.
- Impact of the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need on the work environment, the quality of care provided by staff, and patient outcomes.
- Significance of the problem, issue, suggestion, initiative, or educational need and its implications to nursing.
Preview and utilize the “Project Topic Checklist” resource located in the topic materials to assist in developing your proposed Capstone Project topic. This resource will assist you in organizing your work and will provide additional information regarding the assignment. Note: You are required to retrieve and assess a minimum of 15 peer-reviewed articles. Plan your time to complete this assignment accordingly.
Attach the completed “Project Topic Checklist” to your assignment submission.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
I was looking at healthy people 20/20 and due to the population and the community I am involved in, I am interested in mental health/behavorial health issues. I see alot of ares in mental health that could have better improvement. For example, since my work have LTC psych patients and most of them are young and are often left alone, bored, not being helped effectively. They need something to intrique there interest or activate a mental process. This allows a focus outside of themselves. Something that will spark their imagination.
My community based teaching would be for a facility or a small community that specializes in mental health.
there needs to be outcomes and interventions