Write 150 to 200 words on each of the following topics:[shortposting]
• Describe a situation of public interest in which critical and/or creative thought could have been used for a better outcome. Describe why it is important to think critically and creatively in similar situations.
• Define free will, truth, knowledge, and opinion. Explain how we use
them to form thoughts. What role does each play in critically assessing situations?
• Identify three hindrances to the critical thinking process. Determine methods for overcoming these hindrances. Identify a time in which you experienced a hindrance in critical thinking. Describe a method you could use to overcome the hindrances.
• Identify a message in advertising. Describe how you perceive the
message of the advertisement. Try to determine the reality of the
advertisement. Distinguish between your perception and the reality of the message.
Provides at least 3 references for the entire paper.
Due by 23 Sep 2015 not later than 8am Eastern Time
Additional Questions to answers separate from the Paper.
1. Why do you think concepts such as truth, free will, determinism, and the nature of knowing have occupied the minds of philosophers throughout history?
2. How reliable is perception? Provide 2 specific examples.