- Read about the development of responsibilities and competencies of health educators as presented in Chapter 6 of the Cottrell, Girvan, and McKenzie course text, and the “Health Education Credentialing: Health Educator Job Analysis Projects” reading found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the resources on certifications
- Consider how individual certification relates to quality assurance within a profession.
- Explore the various settings of public health education as presented in Chapter 7 of the Cottrell et al. course text and consider how the seven areas of responsibility are applied to these settings. To complete this Assignment, write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following:
- Summarize how the responsibilities and competencies of health educators have evolved over time and how the Competencies Update Project (CUP) of 2010 has helped to shape current professional standards in the field.
- Describe and compare and contrast individual certification opportunities available in the field of public health education (CPH, CHES & MCHES).
- Explain the significance of individual certification and program accreditation in the field of public health education. Include in your explanation potential barriers to obtaining both individual certification and program accreditation.
- Select any public health education setting from Chapter 7 of the Cottrell et al. course text and provide specific examples of how a public health educator working in that setting would fulfill all seven responsibilities.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.