Refer to the Excel file Pallet (attached to the assignment) to address all the questions below:[shortposting]
The file contains the weight in pounds from a sample of 368 pallets of Boston shingles and 330 pallets of Vermont shingles.
- For the Boston shingles, is there evidence at the 0.05 level of significance that the population mean weight is different from 3150 pounds?
- Interpret the meaning of the p-value in (1)
- For the Vermont shingles, is there evidence at the 0.05 level of significance that the population mean weight is different from 3700 pounds?
- Interpret the meaning of the p-value in (3)
- In (1) through (4) do you have to be concerned about the normality assumption? Explain.
Refer to the Excel file Phone for the assignment below:
The file contains samples of 20 problems reported to two different offices of a telecommunication company and the time to clear these problems in minutes from the customers’ lines.
- Assuming that the population variances from both offices are equal, is there evidence of a difference in the mean waiting time between the two offices at the 0.05 significance level.
- Find the p-value in question (1) and interpret the meaning.
- What other assumptions are needed for question (1)?