In this reaction and response assignment, you will describe an online learning scenario (imaginary or actual) in which an event has interfered significantly with the ability for the instructor to teach the course. You will then analyze the event and determine options for resolving the dilemma and how to avoid this or a similar occurrence in the future.
For example, a roadblock you may encounter are network/server issues that prevent students from logging into the course to complete work. Depending on the how long this issue goes on, as the instructor, you may have to come up with a solution as students need to complete the work and at the same time move forward in the course.
Prepare your assignment.
Using at least 3 scholarly resources, and synthesizing what you learned this week about online readiness and obstacles that might present challenges once students are in an online learning experience, prepare a 2-3 page paper (not including your title and reference pages) including the following:
- Development of a scenario (real or imagined) in which a significant obstacle has interfered with typical online course activities.
- From the instructor’s perspective fully paint the picture with the events leading up to the occurrence (either sudden or gradual), how students are responding, and how the instructor is handling the situation.
- Describe the actions of the instructor. Include at least three responses to the problem, including initial intervention, follow through to abate the problem, and steps to final problem resolution.
- Next describe how the instructor would be able to abate or avoid this situation from occurring in the future. What systems or procedures could be put in place to avoid or better prepare for this problem if it were to occur in the classroom again?
- Include a synthesis of at least 3 scholarly sources, one of which may be your textbook. Use APA formatting for title page, References page, headings, and all content including in-text citations.