- Review the process for developing a philosophy of public health education, as well as the examples of public health education philosophies, provided in Chapter 3 of the Cottrell, Girvan, and McKenzie course text.
- Begin to draft your own personal philosophy of public health education practice and the approaches you will use in your work.
- Review the “Predominant Health Education/Promotion Philosophies” section of Chapter 3 and be prepared to compare your philosophy with these philosophies. Use the questions at the end of the “Developing a Philosophy” section to guide your comparison.
tee this Assignment, write a 2- to 3-page paper that includes the following:
- Your personal philosophy of public health education (1–2 pages), which should be based on one of the five predominant philosophies of public health education
- A comparison of your philosophy to one or more of the five predominant philosophies of public health education
- Note: Your personal philosophy is not about “telling your story.” Rather, it involves thinking about your own practice of health education and how you will apply theories in the field.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure your in-text citations and reference list are correct.