Risks and Rewards
This assessment measures your progress in mastering the following course competencies:
- Analyze HRM programs and other related systems within an organization that supports employee engagement and commitment.
- Analyze HRM’s role in adhering to laws and regulations that ensure employee rights and manage risk.
Refer to the “Modern Appliances” case study to identify and analyze the risks associated with the broad plan to support increased employee engagement at Modern Appliances.
- What staffing factors (teamwork, hiring decisions, retooling of current employees, et cetera) needed to be considered?
- How might these factors, if unaddressed, contribute to organizational risk?
- Is there evidence of how Modern addressed those challenges?
- If so, describe how Modern addressed the challenges. If not, how might you advise them?
- Support your recommendations with reference to current HR trends, developments, and challenges in employee engagement as described in the literature.
- Analyze Modern’s reaction to the very real risk of fraud in their new warranty procedures.
- Analyze the relationships among regulation (controls), ethics, and employee engagement. How can HRM best manage these relationships?
- What benefits in employee engagement and organizational effectiveness did Modern reap as a result of their new business model?
- Support your analysis with references to the literature as appropriate.
- The assignment should be 4–6 pages and must include at least two references.
- References and citations should follow APA (6th ed.) guidelines.
- Font and font size: Times Roman, 12 points.
- Your writing should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.