There are three primary romantic attachment styles. One quick way to discover your romantic attachment style is to choose which of the following descriptions best describes you. Take a minute to do this:
Avoidant attachment style: I am somewhat uncomfortable being close to others. I find it difficult to trust them completely and difficult to allow myself to depend on them. I am nervous when anyone gets too close, and often, love partners want me to be more intimate than I feel comfortable being.
In a 2- to 3-page paper discuss the following:
- Based on the above descriptions what romantic attachment style best describes you? Avoidant style
- How has this attachment style affected your past and/or current relationships? Its hard for me to be in long term relationships
- How has this attachment style also affected your non-romantic relationships? it hasnt affected non-romantic
- Is your romantic attachment style similar to the attachment style you had with your parents when you were young? no it isn’t
- If it is the same why do you think it has not changed? If it is different what experiences as an adult do you think lead to this change? growing up and life experiences with various people exposing me to things I believe I wasnt emotionally and mentally ready for.
- What type of situations might an adult experience that would shift their childhood attachment style to a different adult romantic relationship style? verbal and emotional abuse
I have answered the questions in the thread.