The purpose of this Assignment is to explore the various meanings behind one concept in the field of nursing. It is important to understand that while professionals from various fields will use the same word, they often carry very different meanings. Likewise, it is important for every health professional to be able to explain the meaning/use/interpretation of a term to patients in a way that they can understand. To complete this Assignment, you will explore the various definitions of a single word (concept) and compile a detailed description of theses definitions and interpretations of that word.
To begin, select a word (concept) familiar to you in health care that has multiple interpretations and uses, e.g., heart. The heart is an organ, a muscle, a control center, a source of emotion, etc. Examples to choose from include, but are not limited to:
SELECT ONLY ONE WORD TO USE AS A CONCEPT PLEASE!
Feel free to be creative in your choice of terms. You will provide a description of uses, definitions, and varied interpretations of the term using a variety of multiple academic disciplines outside the discipline of nursing. Academic disciplines to choose from include, but are not limited to:
Uses, definitions, and interpretations will be obtained from primary and secondary sources or reliable web sources recognized as credible and authoritative (not dictionaries or Wikipedia). Sources to choose from include, but are not limited to:
|government websites||professional associations|
- Identify the concept and purpose for studying the concept and relevance to nursing practice.
- Conduct a preliminary literature review to identify multiple uses of the concept.
- Describe the various usages of the term.
- Determine the critical attributes of the concept.
- Create a theoretical and operational definition of the concept.
Read the following two resources located in the Kaplan University Writing Center:
- Using facts, examples, and definitions
- Paragraph development
Pay particular attention to the section on rhetorical modes for developing paragraphs because this is where you will learn how to describe and explain a concept to patients in effective and accurate ways.
To complete this Assignment, you will write a fully developed paragraph (at least five sentences in length) on each definition/use/interpretation of the term you have chosen. For those definitions or uses that pertain to the nursing profession, you will explain the concept in such a way that includes examples, analogies, and self-explanatory descriptions.
- You may choose to apply your Unit 3 concept to your Unit 9 Assignment (final assignment), or you may select another single word (concept) that you have wondered about or discovered in your reading.
- The Unit 9 Assignment is independent of the Unit 3 Assignment with the focus solely upon the discipline of nursing with the inclusion of nursing scholarly sources to substantiate the literature review.
- You will use at least seven sources for your research on this Assignment. Cite all your references in correct APA format, both in the text and on a reference page. Refer to the APA resources in the KU Writing Center. Use your Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association so that you can cite from some of the non-traditional sources you find.
- Your Assignment will be 3–5 pages including a title page and references page.
When your paper is complete, save as a Word® document
I HAVE A PAPER THAT WAS DONE WRONG AS THE TEACHER USED MULTIPLE CONCEPTS AS OPPOSED TO EXPLORING ONLY ONE WORD. I WILL UPLOAD IT FOR YOU TO SEE