Seven Areas of Responsibility
For this journal assignment, you will focus on Areas 1-7 of the Seven Areas of Responsibility for Health Educators. Before you journal your thoughts related to these areas of responsibility, reflect on how these may inform your personal and professional skills for health education practice. Consider that you may not have direct health education experience as a new professional in these areas, but you may have experience from previous or current employment or practice.[shortposting]
- Review the websites listed in the reference section of this module for The National Commission for Health Education Credentialing, INC. (NCHEC) and the Society for Public Health Education (SOPHE).
- Complete the self-assessment worksheet document in the resources area, and respond to the questions in the complete the assignment below-include your responses in your journal submission.
Submit a 2- to 3-page paper (not including title page and references), to include the following:
- Describe your strengths and weaknesses in relation to the Areas 1-7 responsibilities of health educators (assessing needs, assets and capacity) and explain why these represent strengths and/or weaknesses. Then identify potential opportunities for growth for these areas of responsibility.
- Explain steps that you might take to build your expertise in health education and for the development of competencies for your role as a health educator.
- Explain how these areas of responsibility might be reflected in your professional life.
Cottrell, R. R., Girvan, J. T., Seabert, D., Spear, C., & McKenzie, J. F. (2018). Principles and foundations of health promotion and education (7th ed.). San Francisco, CA: Benjamin Cummings.