Week 12 Questions
(Complete #5 and #6 plus one other question of your choice.)
1. Discuss the different types of programs for career counseling in educational settings from elementary schools to secondary schools. In your discussion, identify any ways in which you would supplement the programs described by your text.
2. Discuss the different types of programs for career counseling in higher education. In your discussion, identify any ways in which you would supplement the programs described by your text.
3. Identify some ways that college impacts the career development and choices of college students.
4. Discuss at least three of the current issues/changes in work environments (Chapters 13-14) and the need for career counseling to help workers adjust to these changes. In your discussion, include several issues that adults in career transition might experience.
5. What have you learned about yourself and your career as a result of this course? What are your short-term and long-term career goals? What are your next steps in your own career development?
6. What are your thoughts about/reactions to the OOH and O*NET sites in general? What are your reactions to the information you found on the occupations you looked up?
#5 , #6 and choose one from 1~4 (total 3 questions)
Write about 3 paragraphs for each questions. (2~3 pages)
Depth answers. Add your own ideas, interpretations.
Textbook used in this class.
Zunker, V. G. (2012). Career counseling: A holistic approach (8th ed.). Belmont, CA: Thomson Brooks/Cole. (ISBN 978-0-8400-3435-9)
Look up several careers of interest on the
OOH (http://www.bls.gov/oco/) and the
O*NET (http://online.onetcenter.org/) sites.
Career counseling class// interest career- jobs at school