Week 1 – Case Study
Standardized Vocabulary Case Study
Clinical information systems including the electronic health record are sometimes characterized by describing their inputs and outputs. To ensure interoperability the use of a controlled vocabulary is necessary so that the data entered into the electronic medical record can be transmitted between health information systems. Read the case study in Chapter 2 on pages 35-36 of your Health Informatics: A Systems Perspective text and address the following::
- Identify the problem that needs to be addressed
- Recommend a solution to the problem. Why do you feel your proposed solution is correct?
- Identify and describe the national or international standards would you use as part of your solution
- Explain the importance of interoperability to Carol’s perspective
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length, excluding title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center.
- Must include a title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Utilize a minimum of two scholarly sources, excluding the textbook.
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph and end with a conclusion
Carefully review the Grading Rubric for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment.