In recent years, it has become increasingly important to highlight the role of epidemiology within the framework of decision making regarding management and delivery of health services. As a healthcare administrator/manager, you may be tasked with reviewing epidemiology data. It is vital not only to be able to gather data, but also to explain it to your colleagues and organization.[shortposting]
Go to the CDC’s National Center on Health Statistics Health, United States health statistics report at the following web site:
Complete the following:
- Select data from the provided subject listing.
- Select data on a population subgroup.
In a 2- to 3-page report, outline and explicitly explain the data gathered. Based on the data that you have selected, identify 2-3 patterns or trends within your data. Provide a potential explanation or argument for the observed trends, incorporating the reviewed literature to support your argument.
Include recommendations for future research.
Provide an explanation of how this information, or epidemiology data similar to this, would be of a benefit to a healthcare administrator/manager.
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your report.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages (title and reference page is not included in page number count).
- Support your report with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 2-3 references.