Currently, I am required to complete the remaining from the template i.e. Executive Summary, Scenarios, and Strategy/Recommendations.
So some basic information about this course has a semester-long project.
What is your chosen organization, what is one assumption it seems to be making about the future, and what could be your focal question and time horizon?
My chosen organization would be Amazon.com, Inc.
One Future Assumption of Amazon.com, Inc:
– Amazon is going after Health care:
Amazon\’s investment into cancer detection company GRAIL was a vote of confidence in genomics, which with its massive data and processing needs, will be a major area for computing. In addition, Amazonâ€™s recent partnership with JP Morgan and Berkshire Hathaway to provide employees with better health insurance signals broader ambitions to upend traditional health care.
In 10 years, how could Amazon successfully enter and become a leader of the USA\’s health care industry?
Using Chermackâ€™s Sample Scenario Project Proposal as a guide, your assignment is to write a scenario planning project proposal for your chosen organization. Chermackâ€™s Sample Scenario Project Proposal and a rubric for this assignment will be available for download in the assignment created for this assessment in the â€˜Assignmentsâ€™ folder of Blackboard.
This assignment requires a bit of creative forward-thinking because you will need to outline a project about which you donâ€™t know much about right now. Below are supplementary instructions:
- You will notice that Chermack\’s proposal is written in the form of a memo â€“ follow Chermack\’s format, including each of the sections. Write it to either the CEO or relevant decision-maker of your chosen organization, and make yourself the author of the proposal memo
- I am not expecting you to cite many external sources in the proposal. The main section where they would apply is the \’Purpose\’ section, where you should justify your claims about key uncertainties the organization may be facing, since it will help justify funding the project.
- In the \’Purpose\’ section, write about the key uncertainty/ies you are hoping to examine this semester
- In the \’Estimated Scope and Time Frame\’ section, estimate what you might be able to achieve this semester
- Use the \’Scenario Team and Roles\’ section to create your hypothetical scenario planning dream team, and use either fictitious or real names
- In the \’General Expected Outcomes\’ section, notice that Chermack has included outcomes that range from organizational learning, particular skills, insights about products, to cost-benefit analysis and indicators of which scenarios might unfold. These consider an array of things inside and outside the organization. You have a lot of scopes here to add what you want, so give it some thought in relation to your organization.
- In the \’Measurements\’ section, including the \’Performance Value Estimate\’ and \’Cost Estimate\’ sections, you don\’t need to justify your numbers – but give some thought to how much it would cost the organization if you were being paid to run this project, and the operating budget you would need.
I have attached my submission for Week 3 in the additional material section.
I have completed the Introduction + Key Stakeholders + Driving Forces.
Now, Week 5:
Remaining Parts: Executive Summary, Scenarios, Strategies/ Recommendation.