Reports of violence in the workplace and stress-related injury or illness have become nearly commonplace in recent years. In this assignment, not only will you analyze factors that contribute to stress and violence in the workplace, but you will also analyze the legal and ethical obligations of employers to mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.
Use the following information to ensure successful completion of the assignment:
- This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
- Include two scholarly resources other than those in the assigned readings with appropriate references and in-text citations.
- Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
- Submit the assignment to LopesWrite.
Write a paper (1,250-1,500 words) that analyzes factors contributing to workplace stress and violence. Include the following in your analysis:
- A description of factors contributing to employee stress in the workplace.
- A description of factors contributing to violence in the workplace.
- A description of the legal and ethical obligations of employers to mitigate stress and violence in the workplace.
- Referring to the job you created in the Topic 2 assignment, what would you suggest your employee does to address the issue of stress in the workplace?