NEED THIS ASAP.
The goal of the professional narrative is to help you consider your career options by using the features of narrative writing. For this narrative you will do the following:
- Use the narrative writing techniques learned in the videos.
- Use MLA formatting.
- Use correct grammar and mechanics by avoiding the twenty common errors of grammar and mechanics.
- Structure an essay with logical, well-developed introductory paragraph, body paragraphs, and conclusion.
Task one: Brainstorm by answering the following professional narrative questions. Maximize your answers.
- What is/are your professional interest(s)?
- What are some goals that you will have to meet?
- How long will you have to work to reach your goals (months or years)?
- What type of education is needed (associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate)?
- How much money can you expect to make (entry level, mid-level, senior level)?
- Where will you live?
- What promotions are available in your professional area?
- Who are some people you need to know (professors, internship coordinators, managers/supervisors, etc.)?
Task two: Cluster by grouping your ideas from each brainstorm question. Use bubbl.us to help you post your discussion to the discussion. Bubble.us instructions–create your cluster by signing up for a free account; create a new mind map; hit the green plus sign to insert a bubble. You can type in the bubbles. Create stems or links to each bubble. Once you are finished, export your bubble by clicking the “share mind map” icon, which is the first icon at the top right of the screen. Get the link. Or you may download as a jnp image, which is the next icon at the top right of the screen. Post your bubble to the discussion.
Task three: Write your thesis statement using the three-part thesis statement that you learned about in the videos.
Task four: Write advanced organizers. There should be three advanced organizers. Post your completed introductory paragraph to the correct discussion.
Task five: Outline your essay; post your outline to the correct discussion.
Task six: Draft your essay. Your essay should contain 3 paragraphs per advanced organizer. Your completed essay will contain 11 paragraphs–one introductory paragraph, nine body paragraphs, and one conclusion paragraph.
(OTHER VIDEO DESCRIPTION AND REQUIREMENTS OF THIS ASSIGNMENT)
1. what is/ are your professional interest(s)?
2. what are some goals that you will have to meet?
3. how long will you have to work to reach your goals?
4. WHAT TYPE OF EDUCATION IS NEEDED?
5. How much money can you expect to make?
6. Where will you live?
7. What promotions are available in your professional areA?
8. WHO ARE SOME PEOPLE YOU NEED TO KNOW?
SAMPLE OF THESIS STATEMENT:
oBTAINING MY GOAL OF BECOMING AN ASSOCIATE PROFESSOR OF ENGLISH HAS BEEN REWARDING AND CHALLENGING IN THAT IT HAS AFFORDED ME ADVANTAGES THAT HAVE PROSPERED EVERY ASPECT OF MY LIFE
USE OF PRONOUNS .
NO.. YOU, YOURSELF,YOUR
YES… HE, SHE, IT , THEY
YES…OTHER THIRD PERSON REFERENTS…ONE, AN INDIVIDUAL, A PERSON, A STUDENT, ETC.