OVER cHILYour Partial Rough Draft must include:
- An introductory paragraph containing a thesis statement that reflects the requirements of the Final Research Paper.
- A discussion of how two specific and contemporary (currently existing) cultures approach the topic.
- A comparison of your chosen topic across the two cultures you have selected.
- A concluding paragraph that reinforces your thesis and summarizes your main points.
- An annotated bibliography that includes entries for each scholarly source you will use in your Final Research Paper. Each annotation should be one paragraph in length.
As a reminder, your Final Research Paper will be a five- to seven-page research paper that contains the following components:
- A discussion of how two cultures (other than your own) approach the topic, including specific ethnographic examples. Be sure to choose two specific and contemporary (currently existing) cultures. Terms such as European, Asian, or African refer to continents, not cultures, and are not appropriate for this paper.
- A compare and contrast analysis of the similarities and differences in how the two cultures approach the topic from a culturally relativistic perspective. In your analysis, address how the information on the cultures was gathered as well as how cultural relativism played a role for both the anthropologist in the field and for you in this discussion.
- A discussion of whether the differences are related to other cultural factors such as kinship, division of labor, gender roles, economic organization, and political organization, as well as whether the differences can be seen as adaptations to the social or natural environment. You don’t have to cover every single one of these cultural factors, but you should include a discussion of the most salient ones related to your topic.
- A discussion on the cultural context of the topic and how it relates to symbolic systems such as religion, communication, or ritual.
- A discussion of how this particular cultural practice has changed over time and whether it has been modified, adopted, diminished, and/or spread through colonialism and/or globalization.
The Partial Rough Draft must be three to four pages in length, including the annotated bibliography but excluding the title page, and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least three scholarly sources from the Ashford University Library to support your claims. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and in your annotated bibliography.