1. Define and discuss the concept of Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design (CPTD) as it pertains to the theory of Newman’s “Creating Defensible Space”
2. Discuss the necessity and benefit of using risk based methodology for physical security assessments.
3. With regard to physical security, discuss the concept of controlled access and a layered defense with specific consideration to the collaboration of physical security and IT security.
- This assignment will be an eight (8) page report (not including title page and reference list).
- Provide at least six (6) scholarly sources in your paper.
- Type in Times New Roman, 12 point and double space.
- Students will follow the APA 6 Style as the sole citation and reference style used in written work submitted as part of coursework for this class. See http://www.apus.edu/content/dam/online-library/resources-services/Fuson_2012_APA.pdf
- Points will be deducted for the use of Wikipedia or encyclopedic type sources. It is highly advised to utilize: books, peer reviewed journals, articles, archived documents, etc. (may be electronic of course and the APA manual lists all the types of possible resources and reference formats, hint…hint), and valid web sites (use caution with these).
4. In considering “physical security”, list and discuss four “physical threats”. More specifically, what could be the impact of these threats?