Throughout your education, you have been asked to research topics and write papers, engage in thought-provoking discussions, consider diverse perspectives, and a host of other challenges that have required you to use both your discipline-specific skills as well as your soft skills. These are called transferable skills, and are skills that you develop that can be transferred and applied within your chosen career. Transferable skills are highly valuable and essential for career success.
Throughout this course, you have been working on a project that allowed you to demonstrate your understanding of the transferable skills. It is now time to submit your project/assignment and add a transferable skills reflection.
To complete this assignment, you will need to do the following:
Part I: Compiling Your Exemplar Project
Part II: Transferable Skills Self Reflection
- In a minimum of 1 full page in a separate Word document, write an essay (full introduction and conclusion), which includes the following:
- Describe the knowledge, skills and/or attitudes regarding each of the transferable skills that you’ve gained as a result of completing this particular project/assignment.
- Discuss the ways that you are going to incorporate the transferable skills (the transferable skills that you showcased in your exemplary project) into your work within your chosen career field.
- Describe your future goals based on the transferable skills that you’ve chosen to showcase.
- Write your paper utilizing proper tone, spelling, and grammar.
- Once you have completed your reflection assignment, save your assignment using the file name “Jstudent_ModuleXX_Reflection.docx” and add it to the folder of documents you compiled in Part I.
- Zip or compress the folder containing your exemplar projects and your reflection assignment. Then, submit the zipped folder to the drop box.
Note: For help with zipping or compressing your files, please visit the How Do I Zip Files? page.