View the global temperatures graph on this website: http://www.antarcticglaciers.org/glaciers-and-climate/ice-cores/ice-core-basics/, and the current carbon dioxide (CO2) concentration at: http://keelingcurve.ucsd.edu.
Compare current CO2 levels to the highest concentrations from the past 450,000 years. Based on the information found on these websites and in the textbook, answer the following questions:
- What is the current CO2 concentration in parts per million (ppm)?
- Is this higher or lower than the highs over the past 450,000 years?
- From which three sources do humans add CO2 to the atmosphere?
- Which two sources take CO2 out of the atmosphere?
- How does deforestation contribute to the global warming process?
- Based on the data, are humans contributing to global warming, or is it strictly a natural part of the cycle? Defend your answer. You must weigh all of the data and use them to formulate your conclusion.
Your paper should meet the following requirements:
- Be 3-4 pages in length (not including title & reference page)
- Cite 2-3 outside sources in APA format
- Times New Roman 12 point font double spaced 1″ margins no additional space between paragraphs.