Using the illustration essays you read as examples, write a 500-word illustration essay about a topic of your choice. You may consider one of the following:
EH 1010, English Composition I 3
· The seriousness of global warming
· The neglect of the elderly
· The condition of secondary education
Your essay will be graded on its ability to adhere to illustration essay conventions. Does your essay assert some serious problem or point that needs to be illustrated? Does the essay present an illustration that clarifies the main point or your position on the problem? Does the conclusion connect to the opening?
You will be graded using the following categories: content, organization, grammar and style conventions, resources, references, and APA formatting. Your essay will also be graded on its development. See the flow chart on page 77 in Strategies for Writing Successful Research Papers for guidance. Be sure that you revise, proofread, and format your essay according to APA standards. See The CSU Citation Guide. If you use outside sources, you need to use quotation marks for lifted language, as well as in-text and reference list citations. The APA organization/formatting should adhere to specifications for research papers, including the following:
· A title page that includes the title of the paper, the name of the student, and the name of the institution (Columbia Southern University);
· A proper running head according to APA 6th edition guidelines found in The CSU Citation Guide on pp. 13-14;
· One (1) academically valid source (see p. 18 of The CSU Citation Guide for assistance with finding sources through the CSU Online Library)
· A reference page with a centered header of “References” properly reflecting all sources used within the text (see The CSU Citation Guide, p. 16 for overall formatting guidelines and pp. 7-12 for formatting guidelines for specific source types).
and these are the references i use
Aaron, J. E. (2010). The Little, Brown compact handbook with exercises (2nd custom ed.). New York, NY:
Lester, J. D., Lester, J. D., Reinking, J. A., & Von Der Osten, R. (2010). Strategies for writing successful research papers (2nd custom ed.). New York, NY: