Waiting for Superman
The second possibility is to write a paper on the documentary “Waiting for Superman.” When choosing this topic, students are expected to read at least three additional articles on charter schools and to use the readings discussed in the course to contextualize the review of the documentary.
Waiting for “Superman” is a 2010 documentary film from director Davis Guggenheim and producer Lesley Chilcott. The film analyzes the failures of the American public education system by following several students as they strive to be accepted into a charter school.
1. Read at least three additional articles on charter schools (I will provide you with 1 of them while you have to find the other 2 articles).
2. Use at least 10 academic sources (articles from educational theorists, research organizations, or educational forums with a large audience) and only two of them from the internet.
3. Paper is written following APA guidelines (including abstract, running heads, citations, references, etc.).
4. Present a clear and well-articulated position of the author, and this position is based on the references used for the assignment. The theoretical connections between the author’s ideas and the arguments presented in the readings are fully developed.
5. Paper has a clear introduction, develops a clear argument based on academic resources, and advances a conclusion grounded upon these resources.
6. Paper contains no grammar or spelling mistakes and language is precise and accurately reflects the ideas in the readings.
(I will attach 3 papers that we wrote during the semester about the three textbooks that we had to read so you can use the information in them And include them as references)