You are expected to reflect on all the activities done in class and do some of your own research on ideas expressed in class to decide where you stand on global water concerns. Then, write a 6-paragraph essay structured as follows:
- Introduction: Share your concerns about water both global and local.
- Discuss whether you feel water is a basic human right or a commodity to be bought and sold. Relate the themes of Catholic Social Teaching and UN Global Sustainability Goals and contemporary issues of global peace and justice to the water crisis.
- About your water walk experience: how much water did you fetch and how far did you walk with the water? Was it more or less difficult to carry the water than you expected? How long did it take you? Would this be something that you could do on a daily basis?
- What are you passionate about? Comment on how a young person or non-profit organization is following their passion and making a difference. How do you intend to make a difference now and in your chosen career?
- Reflect on the class discussion. Describe one or more suggestions made by your classmates on how you can begin to conserve water today and which one of these suggestions you have put into practice. What have you found by doing this? Be sure to use detail in describing your experiences.
- Conclusion: Address what you learned about water and how you have been impacted by this experience and your research.