This assignment provides you the opportunity to begin early construction of your website by building a foundation from which to continue development during the remaining weeks of this course and finalize in the Week Six Final Project. To prepare for this assignment, review the website creation options listed in the Recommended Resources for Week Two and the Week Two Instructor Guidance. Next, begin creation of your website using the content and written communication instructions below.
Note that for the two topics learned thus far; poverty and child protection, only pages with placeholders are created. Summarized information and artifacts pertaining to these topics will only be evaluated in the Week Six Final Project. However, at any point during the course, you may consult the Final Project requirements and add things at your own pace. Use the Grading Rubric to review your assignment before submission to ensure you have met the distinguished performance for each of the components described below. For additional assistance, please contact the instructor using the Ask Your Instructor discussion.
In a single-page Word document, include a link to your website and the title of your website. Also include your definition of at risk. Submit your assignment to the course for evaluation.
· Website Title – Homepage (1 point): A descriptive title for the website located on the homepage of the website.
· Definition of At Risk – Homepage (2 points): Your working definition of the term “at-risk” located on the homepage of the website crafted during Week One.
· Poverty Page (1 point): Create a page including section headings for an Overview of Poverty, Support, and Resources. Be sure to link the page to the homepage.
· Child Protection Services & Child Maltreatment Page (1 point): Create a page including section headings for an Overview of Child Protection Services and Maltreatment, Support, and Resources. Be sure to link the page to the homepage.
· Homelessness Page (1 point): Create a page including section headings for an Overview of Homelessness, Support, and Resources. Be sure to link this page to the homepage.
· Students at Risk Page (1 point): Create a page including the following section headings; Professional Presentation and Professional Application. Be sure to link this page from the homepage.
Written Communication Instructions
· Syntax and Mechanics (1 point): Display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling and grammar. Written work contains no errors and is very easy to understand.
Carefully review the Grading Rubric (Links to an external site.) for the criteria that will be used to evaluate your assignment. See full work attached.