“Project Scope and WBS” Please respond to the following:[shortposting]
- Read the article titled, “S.M.A.R.T Goal Setting: Tips from a Project Manager” located at com/blogpost/765921/149164/S-M-A-R-T-Goal-Setting-Tips-from-a-Project-Manager” target=”_blank”>http://www.boomer.com/blogpost/765921/149164/S-M-A-R-T-Goal-Setting-Tips-from-a-Project-Manager. Next, select a project, and determine at least two aspects of the project scope that might have the tendency to go out of scope and potentially derail the project. Next, develop a WBS that contains the three levels of detail and takes the two eventualities you determined into account.
Assignment 1: Project Proposal
Due Week 3 and worth 200 points
Note: Use the project you selected in Week 1 Discussion to complete this assignment.
During Week 1 Discussion: Project Selection, you were asked to develop a project proposal in which you determined if the proposed project is feasible, practical, and cost beneficial. By completing this assignment, you will recognize whether the project:
- sufficiently justifies the scope, time, and cost.
- has been defined so that the project sponsor agrees with the cost benefit.
- outlines the implications of not approving the project.
Write a seven to eight (7-8) page paper in which you:
- Recommend a project portfolio management method for your selected project. Provide a rationale for your recommendation. Note: Be sure to align your project with the strategic efforts of the organization.
- Create an outline of an executive summary that includes the type of problem, requirements, and proposed business problem solutions.
- State the vision and the goal of the project. Note: Be sure that the goals are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Timely (S.M.A.R.T.).
- Determine five (5) major deliverables of the project, and explain the importance of each major deliverable.
- Provide the timeframe for delivering the solution to the project.
- Create a table which contains the generic resources, including people, equipment, and materials needed to undertake the project. Note: These are only generic figures to give the Project Sponsor an idea of the level of resourcing required to finish the project.
- Estimate the total budget for the project based on the cost of the resources specified in the table that you have created. Next, add contingency and any other additional costs (e.g., intangible costs, the cost of a change in culture or process within the business, etc.).Support your response.
- Determine the key success criteria for your project. Provide a rationale to support your response.
- Assume that your project is delivered on time, within scope, and budget. Justify your stakeholders’ satisfactory level with three (3) key success criteria, against which the project will be measured.
- Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Analyze corporate strategy and the project life cycle phases to define the project and initiate a project plan.
- Apply the concepts of project management to prioritize project portfolios and align the projects with corporate strategies, culture, and organization.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in project management.
- Write clearly and concisely about project management using proper writing mechanics.