The chief of police of the local police department has approached your team to develop an Interagency Mental Health and Crisis Intervention Response Plan that includes local, state, and federal crisis intervention agencies and other emergency and private resources for the purpose of responding to a terrorist event or natural disaster. The chief has informed you that he is concerned that many cities, including his own, do not have a written mental health response plan for critical incidents. Determine If one organization should be the lead in the event, and how that responsibility would be decided.
Create a 10- to 15-slideMicrosoft® PowerPoint® presentation to present to the chief of police that details your interagency Mental Health and Crisis Intervention Response Plan. Consider demographics, resources, and needs of the department and community while creating the plan.
Note: always include an introduction slide, a conclusion slide and “Reference” slide; all three slides will be a part of your 10-15 slides minimum and maximum. Your title slide will NOT count as a part of your 10-15 slides. Each note section MUST have in-text citations, no exceptions. Use at least five references, peer reviewed journals or articles.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Introductory section on the various types of critical incidents and their physical, financial, and societal effect on victims, first responders and communities and how this plan can address that impact.
- What local, state, and federal Human Service Delivery organizations you would choose to be a part of this plan and why you specifically chose these organizations.
- Outline of the specific mental health and crisis response for a critical incident discussing the various types of possible critical incidents that this plan would apply to.
- What the specific crisis response duties of those individual organizations will be in the event of a terrorist attack or major catastrophic event and how they will work with your department in responding to a critical incident.
- Write detailed speaker notes, (please use your note section for clarity of your slides). Please use the recommended standard slide for presentation. Format of each slide should consist of the 5 x 5 rule for each slide, using your note section to explain each slide. Each slide should have no more than five words, with no more than five bullets for each slide. Your note section will be used to elaborate the information that is depicted on the slide.