his assignment requires you to make connections between high-quality assessment and learning and innovation skills. Additionally, using the Framework for 21st century learning as a resource, you will redesign or modify a prior activity from one of your courses in the MAED program representing program learning outcome 3, 4, 5, and 7. There are several approaches you could take with this assignment. For example, you may redesign an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout or a full assessment plan including a summative assessment you may have constructed. These are just two ideas out of numerous possibilities. If you do not have previous assignments to use in this assignment, please contact your instructor for guidelines on how to proceed. Refer to the MAED program learning outcomes (PLOs) list as needed.
Create your assignment to meet the content and written communication expectations below.
The Redesign expectations explain what you are required to do with the prior coursework you choose to redesign. The Summary expectations are for the separate written portion of this assignment.
- Redesign – Alignment and Mastery (1 Point): Redesign an instructional plan with assessment plans embedded throughout, or a full assessment plan as noted above including a summative assessment that could be selected to include alignment between specific skills, CCSS, and objectives and includes criteria for mastery.
- Summary – Introduction/Conclusion (1 Point): A one paragraph introduction to a summary that concisely presents the scope and organization of the summary writing, as well as a one paragraph conclusion that recaps your summary’s key points.
- Summary – Modification (1 Point): In one paragraph summarize the changes you made to your activity to meet the redesign expectations for this assignment. Explicitly state how your redesign assignment provides evidence of mastery of PLO’s 3, 5, and 7.
- Summary – Evaluation (1 Point): In one paragraph, evaluate how your assessment promotes Learning & Innovation Skills, assess how it could be used as a tool for ongoing evaluation of student progress, and evaluate how it could be used as a guide for teacher and student decision making.
- Summary – Reflection (1 Point): Summarize, in one paragraph, your experience with the redesign in terms of challenges you encountered and how you overcame those challenges.
Written Communication Expectations
- Page Requirement (.5 points): Two to four pages, not including title and references pages.
LEARNING OUTCOMES (PLO)
PLO 3 Assessment for Learning in the 21st Century The MAED graduate designs a variety of evidence-based assessments used for ongoing evaluation of student progress, and to guide teacher and learner decision making.
PLO 4 Leading Change through Research The MAED graduate executes an action research study that draws on the research and methods of various disciplines to address local or global educational issues.
PLO 5 Dynamic Curriculum and Instruction in the 21st Century The MAED graduate designs learner-centered instruction aligned with Common Core State Standards, digital age standards (NETS-S), and 21st Century skills to promote learner achievement and growth.
PLO 7 Content Knowledge; uses knowledge of subject matter and central concepts of the discipline(s) to create technology-enriched learning environments that promote learner achievement and innovation.