Week 8 Assignment: Evaluate Technology Use when Managing Generational Differences
As the Chief Human Resource Officer of your organization, you have been asked to prepare a presentation for senior management addressing the new issues and challenges of supervising a diverse group of workers in the 21st century, and how you envision incorporating technology in that effort, with a focus on the next three to five years.
Discuss the use and implementation of technology in supervising a diverse workplace and to address the following:
- Determine how to improve communication.
- Reduce conflict in the teams you manage.
- Improve recruitment, training, and retention initiatives.
- Improve employee onboarding and engagement.
- Monitor employee performance.
- Utilize coaching, mentoring, and training to improve your own skill set and those of your employees.
- Explain how these initiatives may affect your current employment situations and help you improve future needs and expectations.
This assignment requires an analysis of how technology can be used as a supervisory tool in your hypothetical or actual organization.
Incorporate appropriate animations, transitions, and graphics as well as “speaker notes” for each slide. The speaker notes may be comprised of brief paragraphs or bulleted lists.
Support your presentation with at least five (5) scholarly resources. In addition to these specified resources, other appropriate scholarly resources may be included.
Length: 17-20 slides (with a separate reference slide) plus speaker slide notes
Notes Length: 150-200 words for each slide
Be sure to include citations for quotations and paraphrases with references in APA format and style where appropriate. Save the file as a .PPT file type.