Once you locate an offender who you wish to research, you will need to create an analysis of the offender that takes into consideration the following:
Detailed Overview (2 pages)
- Provide a detailed overview of the offender, and his or her life and crimes.
- Discuss the nature of the offender’s crimes.
- Explain how his or her criminal offending is consistent or inconsistent with what is known about the nature of criminal behavior.
Causes of Crime (8 pages)
- This section of the paper is the most important and should contain a sufficient amount of detail pertaining to all of the potential causes of crime based on what is known about the offender.
- Discuss the potential social and environmental causes of the offender’s behavior.
- Discuss the potential psychological causes of the offender’s behavior.
- Discuss the potential biological and genetic causes of the offender’s behavior.
Type of Offender (2 pages)
- Identify the type of offender.
- Based on the type of offender that you are researching, explain some of the unique issues presented by this type of offender.
- Discuss the obstacles to rehabilitation for this specific type of offender.
Apprehension (2 pages)
- Discuss whether criminal profiling could have been used to apprehend this criminal sooner.
- Explain how the details of this specific offender could be used in the apprehension of future criminals
Policy Implications (1 pages)
- Briefly discuss some of the policy implications that might flow directly from what is now known about this offender.
- Discuss how policy could be revamped in terms of prevention and rehabilitation.
Total 15 pages in APA format